Singapore has the most exciting events all year round. The i Light Singapore festival is a celebration of art concerning lighting sustainability. There is a varied collection of the light fixing technique from the entire world which is displayed in this city. The annual festival, which was created in 2010, brings thousands of visitors to this magical city for the last ten years. The lighting solution on display must be energy efficient. However, it is not all business; there are other fun activities that visitors can enjoy.
The 2019 celebrated the Singapore Bicentennial memorial that dates back in the 14th Century when it was named Temasek until a rebirth year when Sir Stamford arrived at the Singapore’s port. The first event was held in Marina Bay, but the venue had to move to Fort Canning Park to accommodate the massive turn out and reach out to the whole city.
The i Light Singapore is advertised through the media, with every street saturated with images and billboards of the fanfare. The humming of Singapore River adds to scenic sights of the commemoration. Visitors have many things to discover about the villages located close to the city. There is a vibrant art and well-conserved heritage.
Discovering the Art
The event for 2019 set new high standards for this festival, but 2020 was set to better, though the festival did not take place due to the worldwide pandemic of Covid-19. The event featured the theme Bridges of Time, which was about closing the gap created by time. The 700-year history of the city was highlighted, achievements showcased, and the sad memories acknowledged.
The fete also features an exhibition and workshop that show the pieces from all around the region. Visitors interact with the curators and learn more about the city. You will be amazed by the creativity used in this event. In 2019, the winning masterpiece was the Singapore map model that was hung at The Lawn in Marina Bay. Tourists could not get enough of this brilliant idea created by Dutch artists.
The garden was turned in to a gleaming space by the famous designer Lee Yun Qin. The decorations and magical creation of outstanding features have made the festival into the phenomenal it has become over the years. The I Light Singapore celebration attracts great artists who wish to display at the event. In 2019, more than 200 requests came in from other countries. Professional curators want to be part of the most significant art fair in the Asian region.
A Talent Show
The i Light Singapore brings the best talent to town. However, there are opportunities for upcoming talents who wish to showcase their skills. In 2019, there was an exclusive forum for students and entry-level professionals to display their work. In the same panel, a special recognition award category for the students was introduced. Visitors are encouraged to adopt these environmentally friendly, well-created lighting installations.
- What is I Light Marina Bay? Ans: I Light Marina Bay is an annual sustainable light art festival held in Marina Bay, Singapore. The festival features light art installations created by local and international artists, using energy-efficient technology.
- When is I Light Marina Bay held? Ans: I Light Marina Bay is usually held in March and April. The exact dates of the festival vary each year.
- How long does the I Light Marina Bay festival last? Ans: The festival typically lasts for about a month.
- Where is I Light Marina Bay located? Ans: I Light Marina Bay is located in Marina Bay, Singapore. The festival takes place at various locations around the bay, including Marina Bay Sands, The Promontory, and The Float@Marina Bay.
- How much does it cost to attend I Light Marina Bay? Ans: The festival is free to attend.
- What kind of light art can be seen at I Light Marina Bay? Ans: I Light Marina Bay features a variety of light art installations, including sculptures, projections, and interactive exhibits.
- Is I Light Marina Bay only open at night? Ans: Yes, I Light Marina Bay is only open at night. The festival typically starts in the evening and runs until late at night.
- Are there guided tours available at I Light Marina Bay? Ans: Yes, there are guided tours available for I Light Marina Bay festival. The tours provide an overview of the light art installations and the artists behind them.
- Can I take photos at I Light Marina Bay? Ans: Yes, you can take photos at I Light Marina Bay. Visitors are encouraged to share their photos on social media with the hashtag #ILightMarinaBay.
- Are there food and drink options available at I Light Marina Bay? Ans: Yes, there are food and drink options available at I Light Marina Bay. Visitors can find food and drink vendors around the festival site, as well as at nearby restaurants and cafes.